Hormones in Harmony

Living abundant joy through bio-psycho-spiritual balancing

Name:
Location: Ojai, California, United States

Welcome to Hormones in Harmony where I shall share pearls of wisdom gathered over two decades of consulting with the hormonally challenged. As a holistic nurse practitioner specializing in neuro-immune-endocrinology, I have merged my western education with eastern philosophies, but the key to being a successful healer is to embody physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. At 54, married for 32 years with two grown children, I strive to keep my Hormones in Harmony with a positive attitude, a loving environment, and faithful consumption of Genesis Gold.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Here in Southern California, rain is a rare occurrence, but when it does come, it pours. The last few Januaries have heralded torrential rainstorms. A few years ago, the office flooded. This year our roof leaked. Friday night found my husband, the cat and me up on the roof in the pouring rain securing tarps. Our tuxedo tabby was a great help, revealing loose ends. Luckily, the barn stays dry or the dogs and the cats would have to make room in the den for the horses.

Surrounded by our menagerie, my husband and I nursed a nasty flu. Although I rarely get sick, this flu seemed symbolic of the end of a rough and tumble year. A year of fire and flood wiping out the old. A year of death - of loved ones and old ways of being. A year of struggle to define Self. A year of growth. What doesn't destroy you makes you stronger. This year forged the sword of our beings in the fire of change.

Hopefully the rain will wash away the last remnants of doubt and steel our resolve for a bright New Year.

Have an abundantly healthy and happy 2008,

Deborah

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home