Hormones in Harmony

Living abundant joy through bio-psycho-spiritual balancing

Name:
Location: Ojai, California, United States

Welcome to Hormones in Harmony where I shall share pearls of wisdom gathered over two decades of consulting with the hormonally challenged. As a holistic nurse practitioner specializing in neuro-immune-endocrinology, I have merged my western education with eastern philosophies, but the key to being a successful healer is to embody physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. At 54, married for 32 years with two grown children, I strive to keep my Hormones in Harmony with a positive attitude, a loving environment, and faithful consumption of Genesis Gold.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Already March and we've barely recovered from winter's freezing vestiges even here in "sunny" California. With daylight saving springing ahead three weeks early, we will be rising before the sun, slaves to our alarm clocks rather than our natural rhythms. Shall we expect prolonged depression from SAD (seasonal affective disorder)? Perhaps.
Before using Genesis Gold, I suffered from the winter blues, craving carbs, craving sunlight. For the past three years, I have not bemoaned the shortening days winter, but do follow my body's cravings for orange vegies (pumpkin, sweet potatoes, butternut squash) and be sure I spend an hour a day outside in the sun. Full spectrum lights can also help soothe the winter blues when sunlight is scarce.
Just before taking the dogs out for our evening walk, I noticed five creamy blossoms on the otherwise bare apricot tree. Perhaps spring will arrive sooner than expected. Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home