Hormones in Harmony

Living abundant joy through bio-psycho-spiritual balancing

Name:
Location: Ojai, California, United States

Welcome to Hormones in Harmony where I shall share pearls of wisdom gathered over two decades of consulting with the hormonally challenged. As a holistic nurse practitioner specializing in neuro-immune-endocrinology, I have merged my western education with eastern philosophies, but the key to being a successful healer is to embody physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. At 54, married for 32 years with two grown children, I strive to keep my Hormones in Harmony with a positive attitude, a loving environment, and faithful consumption of Genesis Gold.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Symbology of Cancer

In yoga class, something was off. A sorrow emanated from behind me. During down dog pose, I could see that the sorrowful one was not really participating. At the end of class, I felt moved to approach her.

”Just thought I’d say Hi.” I offered. She looked up from rolling her mat and stood. I impulsively hugged her. That’s when the tears began to flow.

“I just found out today…” she sobbed into my ear, “that I have breast cancer.”

Parting from her that I might look into her eyes, I said, “Your dis-ease does not define you.”

“What?”

“You are not your dis-ease. In fact, this dis-ease is a gift in a rather ugly wrapping, but still a gift if you are willing to receive.”

She dried her tears and whispered, “Other women have said the same. But what am I to learn?”

“To love yourself. To not be the proverbial breast suckling the rest of your world, but turn that nurturing inward.”

“Sounds like you know me.”

“I know the symbology of dis-ease and I’ve worked with many women with breast cancer. The ones who receive its gift are amazing!”

When hormones desynchronize with age or stress or toxicity, the body’s communication network becomes so disrupted that some cells try to adapt. Cancer is a distressed cell’s way of rebuilding the ship. We may see cancer as mutiny on the bounty, but to the mutated cell it is doing the best it can to survive in a hormonally incompetent body.

With my cancer patients, I strive to get to the root of the issue, be it physical, psychological or spiritual. One of my most challenging cases came to me a year and a half ago. With stage IV cancer, she came for a spiritual healing. What I “saw” was a woman who had manifested her grief into an invasive tumor. We didn’t have time to waste, so I dove into the murky waters of bio-psycho-spiritual connection and asked her point blank if she wanted to live. She hesitated to answer. So I inquired as to when her mother died. She cried and admitted that is when the death wish began. And that grief spurred a mass biochemical miscommunication, so one little cell in her neck attempted to rebuild the ship.

In eighteen months, this lovely lady has done a lot of work. Last fall with the tumor out of control, I suggested she get a dog. She had lost her beloved shepherd just before being diagnosed with cancer (another grief). Her mother raised German Shepherds and that dog was their last connection. She wasn’t ready then, so we worked some more on learning to speak her truth, finding her purpose, embodying hope.

On her last visit, I again mentioned the need for a shepherd. Torn between going on a trip with her husband and staying home to protect her young adult daughter from a potential encounter with her stepson, she wasn’t sure what to do. It was time for her to take care of herself. . I assigned her an exercise called “Q&A” to get in touch with her Divine Self. Recently she wrote me this letter…

Dear Deborah,

I wanted to share with you that yesterday my daughter took her dog to the groomers and I had asked her to see if they knew of anyone looking for a good home for a Shepherd. She was told that a local rescue had just taken in a 1-year old who had puppies a week ago. I called and she sounded like what I may be looking for so we went and saw her. She is as sweet as can be, but frightened by a lot of things as I think she's been on her own for a while. But after being at this place for only two days she already was starting to trust the woman taking care of her. After being with her about 15 minutes she really took a liking to my daughter and even started playing with her a bit. I need to be "approved" for the adoption, but I've decided to put down the deposit for her so I'll be first pick for her.

I wanted to let you know because I felt after talking with you, you may have said prayers for me.

Also, the other good news .... After doing the Q&A regarding the trip to Phoenix, it was amazing how God worked. I was emailing a friend of mine yesterday morning and as I was doing it I thought maybe she would be interested in house sitting for the days we would be gone. And she was. So I talked to my husband later to say I had decided to go with him because I found someone to take care of the animals as my daughter had been undecided of her plans for that weekend, which was true. Then he said that his son was going with him. He thought he had told me that, but hadn't. So God truly blessed me yesterday!

I wanted to share these good things with you. Back when I had originally thought of getting a dog I had a name picked out and can't remember what it was, but I think I'm going to name her Faith (my daughter's suggestion that really fits her). She needs a lot of emotional healing, which will give me a purpose again, which in turn is what I need for healing. What a gift.

Thank you for being such an amazing healer in all aspects.

Love, A


Dear A,

How wonderful you found Faith!!!!
Last year when we talked about needing a purpose and how a shepherd would help, you weren't yet open to receive her. Now you have ripened to receive healing through the love of a dog and your own "faith".

I just love Q&A. Thank you for taking the homework assignment seriously. The Divine was so ready to give you all you desire, but until you were ready to receive the abundance, God's hands were tied. Thank you for ripening so beautifully. I believe this life is meant to be one of ease, of joy, of love. Life is a gift and our Divine connection is the greatest gift of all.

As always, you are in my prayers.

Much love and light,

Deborah

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home