Hormones in Harmony

Living abundant joy through bio-psycho-spiritual balancing

Name:
Location: Ojai, California, United States

Welcome to Hormones in Harmony where I shall share pearls of wisdom gathered over two decades of consulting with the hormonally challenged. As a holistic nurse practitioner specializing in neuro-immune-endocrinology, I have merged my western education with eastern philosophies, but the key to being a successful healer is to embody physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. At 54, married for 32 years with two grown children, I strive to keep my Hormones in Harmony with a positive attitude, a loving environment, and faithful consumption of Genesis Gold.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Letting Go

Sometimes, helping others come into hormonal harmony requires a sharing of heart and soul.

Last spring, I was invited by the Grandmother’s Council of Ojai to speak about my book. The grandmothers were very interested in the Divine Daughter energy. From the moment I entered the circle, I was enveloped in their loving embrace. The grandmothers gather in fulfillment of the Hopi prophesy that “when the grandmothers speak, the earth will be healed.” My own grandmothers passed years ago and while I have my husband’s beloved Gran, you cannot have enough grandmothers in your life!

The grandmothers offer empowerments—an amazing experience of being held in the love of all that is—so in spite of being the guest speaker, I was asked by Jill, the head grandmother to come and receive an empowerment. Wow! I have been embraced by a circle of wise loving women who are always with me now. What a blessing.

Yet, alas, I am not yet of age to become part of the circle of grandmothers. A woman must reach the age of 52 and be menopausal—no longer bleeding out her wisdom—to pass into the circle. I have a ways to go yet.

Fortunately on the second Sunday of the month, the Grandmother’s Council opens the circle to men, younger women and children. All are welcome to receive empowerments and once received are encouraged to participate in the empowerments. I have invited many of my friends and patients to come. Last month, I was blessed to have my son join me in the Grandmother’s Council Solstice Celebration. It was beautiful. Jill wasn’t feeling very well though and when I asked if I could be of assistance (I meant offer her a healing), she handed me the sacred cowl and asked me to perform the empowerments.

While the grandmother’s received from healers and well wishers in the outer circle, I was supported by an inner circle of loving women. My son had commented before we arrived at the council that I looked like a high priestess. Well, I felt like one offering sacred feminine blessings to each amazing being who stepped into the circle for an empowerment.

This past Sunday, one of my dear patients joined us. Here is her letter …

Hi Deborah,

Thank you so much for inviting me to the Grandmothers Council. The empowerment circle was simply incredible. I had a totally different reaction to it than I expected- not so much a feeling of empowerment, but instead, of shedding something. And after meditating on it a while, I think I need to shed some of these walls I've put around me all these years. I've always been one who feels very blessed, and I think I've carried that almost to the point where I don't think I deserve any more. So I'm working on releasing some of that so that I CAN receive!
When I say my prayers of thanks, you are one of the people in my life I'm so thankful for!
Love, Lisa


Dear Lisa,

Thank you for coming!!!

This is the second month that Jill has asked me to take over. I have not yet offered any empowerments without the circle of grandmothers, but with you now empowered maybe we can begin. My mother needs to come and Chris too, but it takes awhile to be ready to receive.

In fact you're right...it begins with a release, a letting go of all that no longer serves, no longer fits into the new paradigm . Then we are open to receive the blessings of the next stage of life. My son was a very content child. He felt so blessed to be where he was at, that he resisted moving forward...

On the other hand, I pushed toward goals without stopping to smell the roses, not enjoying the present in favor of breathing life into the dream.

This past year has been one of great joy...wrapped in sorrow at times, all a letting go of the old way of being to make room for the new me.

I began this work in 2004...it was so powerful that I wrote an article on this disentangling our cords of attachment.

When I reconnected to my higher self, I was well aware that I was holding onto something that was preventing me from receiving more. I too feel very blessed, yet I know there is more... what I had to release was my fear...and the universe showed me all the faces of it for the past five months, until finally I could embrace it then let it go.

I realize now that life is about joy, that my lesson is to BE Joy, to be Faith, Beauty, Vitality, Compassion, Love...not wish for it, not work on it, just be it!

It's who I am. It's who you are, too.

Love, Deborah

Disentangling Our Cords of Attachment by Deborah Maragopoulos MN FNP





Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home